What Inspires You?

on Saturday, January 17, 2009

What inspires you to create, ...to love,... to seek,.... to press on? Gosh, maybe you say to yourself...I'm not really inspired to do those things, it's life and it just happens to me. Whether you are intentional about these things or not, everyone desires to be inspired, moved, taken to the extreme of something wonderful.

What brings you to tears? Only the sad? or the beautiful as well. As a 8 or 9 year old, I watched my grandfather weep in church while singing "The Old Rugged Cross". Without truly understanding his emotions, I still knew it was something wonderful. To this day, My Hero carries a handkerchief for me on Sundays. I don't make it through a service without tearing up during the music.
Genetics? Maybe. All I know is that for a split second, a nano second, I get it. I get the preciousness of it all.

What inspires me? a sunrise over the ocean? birth? a victory? Yeh, yeh. Look a little deeper. Do you know someone who truly listens? or do you go through life making small talk... getting through one event or another? Are you truly a friend who cares? Or are you just checking off the "friend requirement" boxes of life?

Inspiration comes to me in several forms. Old hymns, holding a hand while walking the block, watching my daughter dance The Nutcracker, hearing My Hero's story of watching me being Life Flighted at 2:30 a.m., him texting a friend at the same time.... and getting a text back, a friend having the courage to jump in bed with me during recovery, watching a parent hold to their standards - no matter what, seeing my son surpass his athletic ability in order to win,

a recent inspiration:...a homeless child running down the hall at "The Shelter" to show me his report card.

Sincerity, being real, ...it's inspirational.

What inspires your heart?

1 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

I know this will sound corny but you inspire me. Your writing is a gift that I wish I had but I will just read your bog and pretend it is me writing it because you say some things that are in my heart but I don't know how to put them in words.

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.