Habanero in the eye - Kindle

on Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh goodness, it's been a morning....Here is my soon to be 15 year old son. My first born. Near and dear to my heart. We were having a bit of fun this morning....deciding what to put in our garden this spring....then it all turned south...

He bit into a habanero pepper. Those are the super hot...not the mild jalapenos that you think are hot...Habaneros are monster hot. He tolerated that pretty well until he touched his eye. Then his face decided to become a checker board.

He washed it with milk, and took some Benadryl. It seemed to help but time is probably the best healer. He's settled in with Daddy's Kindle and begun the long haul with his Christmas book.

By the way, have you ever heard of the Kindle... it's a great way to read a book. Check it out. In the mean time...I'm going to tend to my boy.

3 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

Poor guy! I have heard you should not even handle them without gloves.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OMG that poor thing. How awful. I hope he's ok soon.

Yvette said...

Yikes! Poor guy! I hope he heals soon!

I read that you are doing "Rainbow Jane". I am too!! I can't wait to see your progess.

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.