Hope - A Milestone Birthday

on Friday, January 30, 2009



It was a milestone birthday yesterday. Fifteen years old. I'm in shock. I still think there are dirty diapers I need to get to the garbage can. Where did all the time go. So much has happened yet so much else is still to come. He's a great boy with a very big heart. Smart, athletic, handsome. What are my hopes for him?



First to love God with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. If any of us gets that much right we'd be way ahead of the game. Second, a spouse who puts God first. Of course, I hope that he'll be a hard worker and face life with grace, forgiveness and soundness of mind. Make wise choices and put others ahead of himself, no matter what the cost.

Hope...it's a powerful concept. It's what keeps us going in times of trial. It's what makes a marriage last 60 years. It's what gives us the spark to create something beautiful. It's what makes us pursue things that have hurt us in the past for the greater good of all.

Fifteen, learning to drive. Hope for safety.


Hope for interest in a new hobby. Video games are the bane of my existence. I loathe them with all my heart. I covered the photos on the front of the box because they were so awful. My son got a very large chuckle out of that. He knows me so well.


Hope. or is it trust at this point. Hope to use his gifts to the best of his ability, to be the best that he can be, wisdom. Hope for his heart to love as God loves us. It's a wonderful thing to see him grow up. I'm honored that I would be trusted to be his parent.

His "hope" was that he could have his birthday at lunchtime so he could have all day to play with his gifts. That didn't quite work out. My, my, my how our hopes change as we get older.
It's all about the heart.

3 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

Happy Birthday to your 15 year old son. I was wondering if he was learning to drive yet. Looks like he is very happy.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Happy 15th Birthday! I love your points on Hope! Oh yes the driving experiences, he looks like a fine young man! You have a beautiful, happy family.

Fireproofing Borough of Queens said...

Nice blog thanks for posting

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.