More Vintage

on Friday, January 23, 2009


This is another one from my grandmother/great=grandmother. Not really sure which. All hand pieced and hand quilted. It makes my head hurt to look at all of those "Y" seems, probably not too hard if you're hand piecing. Right?

Sweet blue and yellow, one of my favs.
Can you imagine what the original color was?
Same on this one...must have been really bright.
Love this peachy pastel contrasting with the darker blocks surrounding.

Definitely scraps...old dresses or some feed sacks, I'm thinking.

I especially love this indigo blue little number.

Just a little detail of the back...Interesting that it was done in a contrasting thread. Bold!

I'm off to work on Dear Jane now...she and I are not getting along right now. Naughty Jane! The kids are at "school" today...enrichment classes on Friday, art classes, Irish Dance, Spanish, current events etc. It gives me a day to myself. I'm having lunch with the ladies in my small group and oddly enough, My Hero is having a business lunch at the same place. We figured that out last night! Funny. Wish me luck, my head is spinning right now with all I have to do.

Hang in there and have a great day,
Lindsey

7 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

I love the Grandmother's Flower Garden pattern. I have one started. It's in the UFO pile. You have some real treasures. They would probably be considered antiques. They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day.

Yvette said...

That's amazing! You are so lucky to have those.

Good luck with your Dear Jane. I am going to make a block for my traditional Jane after work and hopefully my first Rainbow Jane block.

Robin said...

Oooo... what a beautiful quilt! I love Grandmother's Flower Garden. I have one from my Great Aunt Gertie that has inspired me to make one. I'm thinking at this point, it may be a life-long project-- but I'm loving it. :)

I'm also doing a Dear Jane quilt. Just keep reminding yourself after each block, "Finished is better than perfect!" :)

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh my, what a treasure! Are those old feedsack materials? Whatever they are, it is lovely!

Smiles,
Lea

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Oh I love your Grandmothers Flower Garden, every piece of fabric has its own story. How lovely! Best wishes with Jane.

Faith said...

Oh isnt it great and makes your heart sing when you see gorgeous work like this and done by you past relatives... passing down their quilting love to you. Wow I love hexagons though so many pull faces at the thought of doing everything by hand but I love it, nothing beats that feeling.

Faith said...

Nice blog you havve

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.