Batik

on Tuesday, January 27, 2009


This batik hangs at the top of the stairs in my home. It hangs on a wall all alone. I think it deserves it's own spot. Sort of commanding in a sense. It's a little different than the batiks I've used for quilting in the past.

I have 11 nieces and nephews and try to make it a tradition to do a quilt for them when they graduate from high school. It's tough to do a quilt for those macho boys so I usually do it in dark batiks and quilt it with metallic thread. Turns out pretty neat. I've got one nephew graduating in May so I should crank one out soon! Has anyone ever done one of those "Turning Twenty" patterns? They go super fast and work well with batiks.

Anyway, I love this angel batik. There's something soothing and protective about the expression on her face yet authoritative at the same time. Just thought I'd share this with you until I can get back to the quilting. My babes are feeling better so things should be on the mend tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy this beautiful day.

2 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

I have not done a turning 20 pattern but I have done one similar called Yellow Brick Road. They are so fast I have 7 of them.

Carrie P. said...

I forgot to tell you that batik fabric is awesome. I have never seen a piece like that before.

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.