Life Flight - Part 2, Praying for a SIster

on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Nutcracker daughter began praying for a baby sister when she was 3 years old. Every night she prayed the same prayer. "Lord, please bless our family with a baby". She meant it. It was earnest. Just like the Persistent Widow. Little did she know, My Hero and I had already been "trying" since the Nutcracker was born. Well...



We gave up after 5 years. We wondered if we should tell her to stop praying. We stopped praying for a baby but she did not. We gave up on God and surrendered to "His Will". "Should we tell her to stop praying...it's just not happening and that's OK. "

Oh to have the faith of a child. We came to her 6 months later and told her that God had answered her prayer...we would have a baby.

9 months later - my due date arrives and passes - nothing going on in the dilation department. However, in the middle of the night, I began vomiting uncontrollably. Not sick. Not nauseated. Just vomiting. Fast forward to the hospital...still vomiting hours later...docs can't figure it out. My heart beat starts dropping to the low 30's. Doc says,

"We're losing Mama"

A quick c-section later: a beautiful baby girl



I came out of recovery with unbearable neck pain. (keep that in mind for Part 3). An undiagnosed heart attack, atypical signs (vomiting and neck pain) more common in child birth than you think.

10 days later - I experienced a full blown heart attack. Awoken from an afternoon nap while holding my newborn, crushing chest pain and no breath. I prayed, "Please Lord, let this be my last breath". I was drowning. I wanted to go ahead...it was really Ok with me.

My son, 9 years old at the time, made Baby Girl a bottle and changed her diaper, all while watching me about to...

Things subsided and I called 911.

911 guys arrived...get this...I offered them ice tea (manners are everything, aren't they). Not really in the moment, was I.

2 stents later, and this diagnosis: Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection (say that 10 times fast)

I'm here. They're here.



It's all about..."repairing" the heart.

4 Comments from you:

Purple and Paisley said...

wow...i am so thankful you are sharing this story...and so glad i already know the ending (you are here)...please check with pocket again! google reader is showing your last post as the andromeda one which was a long time ago...it is working fine for all of the other blogs i keep track of...lets me know immediately when they have a new post...i'm just concerned because if i don't know you're making new posts? how in the heck are other people going to find you?

Carrie P. said...

Oh the faith of a child. God is good.

Crafts a la Mode said...

What beautiful children!!! I'm so glad that you are okay.God bless! Linda

Purple and Paisley said...

yippee! your blog feed is fixed! your blog showed up as current in my reader today! congrats!

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.