ANNNND...It's a swing and a miss

on Monday, January 19, 2009

Here's a little sampling of my "quilting area". It's really my laundry room with a great 32" x 80" counter top. I use it for sewing because it's got a nice window, and I can keep my sewing machine up indefinetly. There's always a catch...here's mine...I have to sew standing up. I kind of like that because it doesn't hurt my back. I do take everything to the dining room table to do any machine quilting.

The room is only about 5' x 8' but it's mine! I do have to do laundry in there and ironing but I feel like it's a luxury. My grandmother had 1' x 2' space that was behind a chair in the family room. That's it. She accomplished more, with less, than I ever will.

The close up...click on it for more accurate colors:


What do you think? I'm thinking it's a definite swing and a miss. This one is not cutting it for me. It's a first attempt at the Project Improv at Tallgrass Prairie Studio required block. I love the fabrics, all Kaffe Fasset but somehow it's not happening for me. I'll try again.

I'll dig deeper into my heart!

2 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

I think once you have made a few more that you won't feel that way. Get a group together and I think you will like it better.

Robin said...

I love the brightness of the block. It is so vivid and happy! I agree with Carrie P., a few more and it might start working for you. :) Maybe mix some of these with a few more mellow-looking ones? That could be fun too.

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.