Cathedral Window

on Thursday, April 30, 2009


Look at this gorgeousness that Nanci sent to me...I can't believe I actually won something! These are perfect for my Cathedral Window quilt....THANKS A MILLION - I love these beauties...this means the world to me! Nanci is one of those cool people that looks 30 years younger than she actually is...I promise I'm not exaggerating. Go check out her fabulous view from her cottage. :)


Here's the Cathedral Window quilt my mom started so many years ago...at least 50 and I'm determined to finish it sometime in the next 10 years....that's a goal, now isn't it! By the way...it will be the one year anniversary of the passing of my mom on Saturday....I miss her so much.


This photo speaks for itself....Jane and I are not speaking....I don't care if Carrie was sitting right next to me (she's awesome at applique), I would still mess this block up. If you want to see how things are really done in the Jane world...check out Yvette or Sarah.
Stick with the pros!

It's the most beautiful day in Atlanta today...hope yours is just as sunny!

4 Comments from you:

Yvette said...

You crack me up!!! If I had to do needle turn I would still be on block 3. LOL!! I have a much easier way of applique and I am going to mail you the info. My blocks are far from perfect, but they are done! I don't see anything wrong with the progress of the one in the picture. ?

Congrats on your fabric winnings! I guess we were both lucky this month. ;)

I know you still miss your mom. You will be with her again when it is God's will.

Robin said...

Oh, my! That cathedral window quilt is gorgeous! You'll definitely get it finished-- it's too special not to. :) Those fabrics you won definitely look like they'll fit right in.

Other than being a little thready in the bottom melon, your block is looking very pretty to me! Remember-- steam can work wonders once it's done! (Have I mentioned that the iron is my friend?) :)

Carrie P. said...

How awesome that you are going to be adding on to your mom's quilt. Maybe one of your daughter's can add to it too.
Congrats on winning the fabric. Isn't it fun?
I clicked on the your Jane block and you are actually doing a pretty good job from what I can see. Just take your time and make sure you have really good light.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have a few pieces of fabric from the 1960's if you want a few more pieces for the cathedral window. Or did she already have all of the patches cut?

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.