Whirlygig - Easter Style

on Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Good Friday to all! I'm trying out the whole Whirlygig pattern...I made these at an 8" block but definitely want the smaller size...maybe 4". I had visions of making a runner for the Easter Table.. but have fallen short....(such a picture of Easter, n'est pas?)


Fabric considerations.....more than likely it will have to wait until next year....(heavy sigh).

Easter Dinner
I'm doing an Easter meal for my 2 brothers and their families - 13 of us all together. My 2 sisters are in other cities and cannot make it. :( Maybe next year.
Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures of the table -

Here's what's on the menu:
Lamb and Mint Jelly
Roasted asparagus with gorgonzola cheese and pine nuts
20 Vegetable fresh salad
Creamed spinach
Mac & cheese made with orcchiette and 4 white cheeses
Green Jello fruit (sugar free) salad in a fancy mold
Whole wheat rolls

And for an appetizer...(salivate, salivate)
Anti-pasta plate with more things on it than I can count.
Roasted almonds
Spinach artichoke dip w/ cracked whole wheat crackers
(may change this to roasted red pepper hummus)


Notice anything funny about the menu....? It's pretty much South Beach. Any one a South Beach Diet gal out there?

Happy Easter to each and everyone of you...live it like it's your last!

3 Comments from you:

Della said...

Easter dinner sound delicious. Have a wonderful day with your family.

Carrie P. said...

Yummy. Love your whirlygigs. Have a Blessed Easter. He is Risen.

Robin said...

That sounds like a very tasty menu! I hope you shared a wonderful dinner, full of good cheer. :) (The whirlygigs are very cute!)

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.