A Year Ago

on Thursday, March 19, 2009


A year ago, I was living my dream life...traveling the world with my family and putting new things into my brain...inspiration stuff...nothing creepy mind you! This is one of my favorite spots in Europe. I've been several times, at various ages of my life. I want to teach my children to be world travelers, open their minds to the fact that people live and are productive in lots of different ways.


I wanted them to see that the sky is the same beautiful blue, no matter what country you're in.



That our country is relatively a "baby" compared to the rest of the world.



That Spring is a beautiful no matter what language you're speaking.


And that hundreds of years ago...the wealthy lived in some fairly nice cribs!

Yep...we were in Paris. Of course, we did all of the home school stuff like making parisian books to document the trip, practice the language at every ice cream or waffle stand, and of course had a field day with the architecture and art. They came home a little wiser and more aware of life outside of our little compound.

We came away with knowing that most folks live their whole life in a space 1/16th the size of the spaces we live in, that most folks do not consume the amount of food and clothing we do and a simple life that is actually a lot of fun. More orderly. A sense of contentment.

It was a great trip.

Enlightenment is a wonderful thing!

Au revoir ma cherie!

3 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

Great pictures and it so great you could take your kids to those places too. So many lessons can be taught on trips.

Unknown said...

How fantastically beautiful. What an amazing trip to take your children on! How exciting.

GranthamLynn said...

Beautiful sky. What a wonderful time you must have had. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.