Kaffe Fassett Explosion

on Saturday, March 7, 2009


Just a few goodies from the quilt show today...these are fabrics from an adorable shop that had mostly Kaffe Fassett fabrics and a few other lovlies.


Love the pink and green! Reminds me of "sorority girl" kind of things. By the way...I am not a sorority girl...I am an alum from Salem College in Winston-Salem, NC. It's like one huge sorority...can you guess why? Because there are no boys there.........at all! It's a girl's school or as they ingrained in us to say.....A Woman's College. Now then, I've said it properly.


These pinks and browns reminded me of a someone's February calendar quilt...very pretty. Can't remember who's...does anyone know?


This is the actual Kaffe Fassett display. Funny how it's more muted in the photo than in real life. Oh well....still stunning. It was such a stopper at the show...people dying to get in there. Only one other booth had Amy Butler and Kaffe Fassett. They were both packed....you'd think folks would get a clue as to what sells...maybe, they're "being true to themselves" as they say on American Idol!


A Kaffe close up


Her display was so creative...she used old baskets and vintage luggage to show her wares.


Old cheese trays...to be honest...I don't really know what kind of wooden box that is but it sounded good!


These fabrics look just as good "unmade" as they do made into a quilt.


This was my favorite stash. Rich, rich color.



Have you been over to see his new book...just out in October 2008? Country Garden Quilts. I made the "S" quilt in yellow for my sister from that collection. Her good friend quilted it for me. It does come as a kit (for around $120.00) in yellow, using wild fabrics; I couldn't find it on the website but you can see the "earthy" one here.
I did order mine from that website so they should have it. Too bad I don't have a photo!

Anyway...I'll have more from the quilt show this week so check back with me for more! Including the new invention called the Bobbin Bikini!

By the way...we did have snow 6 days ago...and now it's 75 degrees outside...what gives?
Onward and upward my friends!
Ciao!

1 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

I will admit I am not a big fan of Kaffe Fassett fabric but I do like the fabrics you bought.

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.