Jackie's Quilt

on Friday, March 27, 2009


Here it is in all it's glory...My sister-in-law took it to her mother Jackie today. Jackie lives in sunny Florida. I think she liked it but not feeling on top of her game to say the least. I spoke to Jackie just briefly and she did her best to sound chipper.


Try with all your might to NOT click on any of these pics to see my quilting. I'm just getting the hang of it and not near good quality quilting as I would like.

But hey, you know my motto,.it's not about how perfect the gift may be, it's all about the heart.


I soooo enjoyed making this quilt....it had special meaning. The back even has a few "blocks" on it. I debated whether or not to add these to the front and make it a little larger quilt, but, nooooooooooo, I didn't have enough backing material to make it that big. And, since all the quilt stores are closed at 6:00 (how rude) I couldn't get more! Just call me last minute, Lucy.



Note the scrappy binding...invention is the mother of necessity....right? Yep, you're right...not enough backing and of course no binding....so....I pieced together the scraps and made a binding. But....I like it!


Note the scrappy label! I thought that part was a tad cute. I love to do the labels with WonderUnder which makes them easier to write on and then just iron and applique on.



Very happy with how it turned out and of course, even happier now that it's with Jackie. She is such a dear lady. I love this photo of my sister-in-law and her mother, Jackie in Montreat last summer. Such a happy time. Jackie had just had a mastectomy, about the same time I was doing the Life Flight thing. I came home from Montreat and bagged out for the next week. Jackie....she didn't bag out...she went to California. She's 40 years OLDER than I am.



Mother and daughter....it's all about the heart.

8 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

What a great photo of mom and daughter. You should be proud of your quilt. It turned out great and I really like the binding.

Jocelyn said...

Lindsey, Jackie's quilt is just beautiful. The colors are such a delight to the eye. I hope that she will enjoy using it for a long time.

Jocelyn

Yvette said...

That photo is beautiful. It makes me want to take a picture of my mom and myself. I realized we don't have any recent pictures.

The quilt turned out just perfect! You must be so happy with it. It truly was made from the heart.

Victoria said...

Lovely quilt, lovely gift, lovely post!!

Rachel said...

Beautiful quilt! And that picture is so precious. I got a little emotional! I'm sure Jackie will feel all the love you put into the quilt.

QuiltedSimple said...

Beautiful photo and gorgeous quilt. You did an awesome job on it - very very pretty!
Kris

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the scrappy binding. Nice picture of lovely mom/daughter. This quilt says "spring!"

Robin said...

The quilt turned out beautifully! You did a great job. I especially love the scrappy binding and label. I'm sure Jackie appreciates its warmth and heart. :)

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.