Sneak Peak - Quilt A Long

on Tuesday, March 24, 2009


Here's a little sneak peak at my quilt-a-long. I have to have it finished by Thursday....Why? Because I found a home for it....It's going to go to my sister-in-law's mother, Jackie. Jackie is 86, I believe. We call her Jet Ski Jackie because last summer she was riding on a jet ski.....at 85. She can run circles around anyone 1/3 her age. That is some serious energy.


Jackie got some sad news 3 weeks ago. Brain tumors and cancer. Weeks to live. This is a blow to us all and especially to my sister-in-law. My SIL will go see Jackie this weekend and I want to give this quilt to her. I'm not even sure she'll know me at that point but it doesn't matter. I just want her to know that someone thinks enough of her to do something special for her. Or just to look at something pretty.


She's a bright, sunny disposition sort of a gal and I think she'll be cheered by the fresh colors in this beauty.

Quilting is a great past time to bring folks together and Jackie is a quilter as well. She just went on a cruise last year with her good friend, Marilyn Dorwart. Marilyn is a published quilter (still teaches in Delray Beach, FL) and has a book called Tropical Punch which they just gave to me for my birthday.


Baby Girl loves Jackie and so we talk a lot about her as we "quilt" together. It makes for great fellowship with my little one and I love for her to know and remember what a life well lived looks like.

After all, it's so nice to have an "assistant".

5 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

Oh, Jackie is going to love that quilt. Great job. You sure do have a very cute assistant.

Cathie said...

Beautiful! This turned out nice, and you are nice for gifting it to Jackie and including your little girl in the making and giving.

Yvette said...

Beautiful quilt and an even more beautiful assistant.

QuiltedSimple said...

Beautiful quilt and what a pretty assistant. I'm sure Jackie will love the quilt
Kris

Jocelyn said...

Oh Lindsey, your quilt is fabulous. The colors are so bright and cheery. I hope that Jackie will enjoy using it. My own mil is under Hospice, and it has been so sad to see her going down. She is one beautiful lady, and we are all going to miss her terribly.

Blessings.....

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.