Cranford - A Great Movie Night

on Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Any "Cranford" fans out there? We became fast friends of Miss Mattie and Dr. Harrison over the last two months. It all started when the first of our five fell ill. The movie is almost 6 hours, I believe and thus great for a sick one to pass the time. No one was sick tonight...but...we watched a bit of it anyway.

Here's a brief synopsis of the story...


Here's the dashing Dr. Harrison, do you recognize him from Pride and Prejudice?

And his true love, Sophie Hutton:

Unfortunately, it may not be on PBS for quite some time...so we ordered our own copy. A friend loaned it to me last summer when I was coming down from the helicopter and we fell in love instantly. If you love the Jane Austen type stuff, it'll be right up your alley.

Maybe your public library would have it....it will put a smile on your face and wish you were living in a simpler time.

Here's to a great movie night....enjoy!

2 Comments from you:

Robin said...

Oh my that looks fun! I love Jane Austen, so this looks like it will be right up my alley. It's in my netflix queue now! :)

Carrie P. said...

I think I remember seeing that mentioned on PBS but I missed it. My daughter would really like it.

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.