Amy Butler / Quilt A Long

on Monday, March 9, 2009


Have you seen Oh Fransson's Quilt A Long? Everything Elizabeth does is so upbeat and fun. I thought I'd give this a try since it seemed to be a short term affair. I'm going for the scrappy look with white sashing. That Kona white is so nice and bright for these Amy Butler fabrics. Choosing mix and match patterns, I'm hoping it will not look too matchy matchy.



What do you think about the brown thrown in there? It kind of reminds me of the phase of seasons we're in right now. Spring has sprung here in the south but plenty of "old brown" still left over from winter. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom here in Atlanta.




I've got a few graduation quilts coming up for highschool seniors and I thought this would be a "young" look for a special niece of mine. Suppose to be a surprise...hope she's not reading!
It's all about the heart!
Until tomorrow...
Lindsey!

3 Comments from you:

QuiltedSimple said...

Lovely fabrics - can't wait to see your quilt along!
Kris

Carrie P. said...

I like the brown but brown is one of my favorite colors. It will be a lovely quilt and your niece is sure to love it.

Robin said...

I'm excited about this quilt along too. Elizabeth is just so talented and she creates such beautiful quilts. I've really been enjoying her posts-- particularly about color.

The fabrics you've chosen are so soft and lovely, and they'll just pop with Kona Snow. It's going to be gorgeous!

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.