Not Sleeping?

on Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Sleepless in Seattle (or HotLanta)?...that's me. I know I'm 45 and it's getting to that stage of life but still. I swear if it weren't for Tylenol PM, I'd be a 2-4 hour a night gal. My large collection of eye concealer tells me that I need more than that.

Last summer, in the hospital, for 7 straight days, I had a beautiful blend of IV fluids and a non prescription sleeping pill every night.
When I got home, you would have thought I'd been to a beauty ranch in California. I was thin, no under eye circles and my skin looked like I was 25. I have my insurance to thank for the $117,000 treatment.

Just thought I'd throw this out there to see if I'm the only night owl in the group.

Signed,
Sleepless in....

6 Comments from you:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully I don't share your sleepless problem, I just suffer from a lack of hours in the day, I sure wish I'd get to sleep earlier at night or not have to get up in the morning for work.
Yoga should help with your sleep though shouldn't it?

Yvette said...

I have the opposite problem. I just can't get enough sleep. LOL! More hours in the day would be most welcome.

Crafts a la Mode said...

My daughter is a night owl - I'm no slouch either- hardly get to sleep before 1 A.M. So my daughter is a night nurse now. It works for her.

I missed you these past few weeks, Lindsey. Hope you are having a good summer. Linda

Unknown said...

I am a lot older than you and found that as I aged, sleeping was a disorderly conduct that I had no control over.
I sleep till 6am each day, no matter when I go to bed, so it's a huge problem if I stay up till 1 am. I am a wreck the next day with so little sleep. Then of course as one ages, there's the getting up in the night....but that's another story...

Carrie P. said...

I can say that I am sleeping better than I ever have since my kids were born 20 something years ago. I sleep all night now. I am trying to catch up I guess after all the sleepless nights of them all growing up.

Cathie said...

What an absolutely delicious blog! I love your sense of self, your sense of humor and your sense of well, sensibility! Regarding that "first quilt" - I just dug mine out not that long ago - for the "second" time. My first quilt was made for my daughter's (who is 14) first baby - it's a bsby quilt. When I took it out the first time (about 2 years after I made it) I was horrified and thought, "no grandchild of mine is ever going to cuddle with this horrid thing." It his horrid - cheap batting (!), crooked seams, uneven binding - you name it. I can do so much better than this - I thought. But when I took it out the second time a few years later - I looked at it in a whole new light. It was my VERY FIRST quilt. Made with high hopes, dreams and love. Yeah - it's got crooked seams and cheap batting and uneven binding - but it's beautiful and I love it. It is now lovingly packed away in a special place in my closet - with lots of other firsts - first big girl dress, first pair of patent leather shoes, (my daughters of course) all awaiting that grandaughter that I dream to have one day. So look at that quilt the way it deserves to be looked at - with pride - and love - and dreams!
I'll be back - I love your blog!

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.