Heat Stroke

on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anyone ever had heat stroke? My son was in a tennis tournament yesterday and couldn't finish the match....very scary, he was super hot, then super cold, vomiting, confused, lethargic, memory loss, dehydrated, etc. His body had lost the ability to regulate it's own temperature....I got him home and into a cool bath with a jug of water and gatorade. Then to the couch to watch Judge Judy. As soon as he could tell me the story and verdict ...I knew he was OK.

This Atlanta heat is something else...everyone please be careful out there!

2 Comments from you:

Purple and Paisley said...

oh my goodness! i'm glad he's okay...it is terribly hot here, too...scary hot...last year, rusty (my dog) experienced some sort of heat stroke and was terribly lethargic, confused, shaking...i wasn't sure he'd snap out of it...but he made it okay...again, so glad your son is okay...

Jocelyn said...

How very scary. I hope that he is all right now. It's been so terribly hot here too.

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.