Funny Jane

on Tuesday, February 3, 2009


Pretend this is Tony Robbins speaking (he's that motivational speaker on TV that's always trying to sell his CDs): I'm quickly finding out that making this Baby Jane is an adventure, ...a life experience. It forces you to explore the very depths of your being. (Please laugh, you'll see why). It's a moment to remember, personal growth in it's highest form. It's a picture of what is to come in life ahead. It teaches you something about how your brain works. (OK ,done with Tony).

By the way, it's not working too well today!

I'm fairly happy with this little gem above.....

but look how it all started:



The funny thing is that I didn't know I'd make it backwards until the very last seem was sewn. I was so taxed at that point that I just had to laugh. In my constant mode of home schooling, I brought it to my daughter (middle school). Her reaction, "OH MOM, that is so adorable...!!!" then she turned it over and said, "oh" We both died laughing!

Note to self...never undertake making a "Jane" while conversing with a 5 year old at the same time. It will never work. Baby Girl and I now have a code of silence and speak only in sign language while I'm quilting. Life is good!

2 Comments from you:

Yvette said...

GIRL! When I learned to paper piece I made so many blocks the wrong way. Your final looks great. Keep on going!!

Robin said...

LOL! You are too funny! :) But the end result looks beauteous!

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.