Beauty and the Beast

on Tuesday, February 17, 2009


Is this looking like a nightmare to you? I'm sure Cici is feeling that way right about now.


This is what she looked like before the wash. Pretty cute but very stinky.


This is the harsh reality of ...."that nozzle and I are to be united, as one, in a matter of moments."



I thought she should have had a "spa" day attitude about the whole thing.


After the blow dry....preparing for her massage and facial.


Ready for a nap after that massage!

Here's her story...(don't we all have a story!) When my daughter was 3, my mother in law convinced her that she needed a Bichon Frise....I played along saying that when she was 10 she could have one. Of course, I thought that day would never come and it was here before you knew it. These little pups are expensive....so we went the "rescue" route which brings the price down about 1300.00 dollars. She cost us a whopping 80 bucks.

Have you heard that old saying...you get what you pay for? High maintenance is her middle name. She did come from an abusive situation of an old man living alone with 7 dogs, 2 birds and some sort of reptile. He fed them all out of a potato chip bag. Did I mention he was bed bound? Can you imagine the filth in that place...sorry to gross you out.

One funny...the birds could speak, ...but the only words they knew were profanity. Lovely.

She was completely shaved down when we got her due to fleas, sores, mattes, and other forms of neglect. We felt like such heros....coming to the rescue...now we're the ones that need rescuing!!!!

In all seriousness, we do love her, she's as loyal as the day is long. Wouldn't trade her for the world but just didn't know what we were getting into....she's a far cry from our black lab Noel, who is a former seeing eye dog...trained within an inch of his life...more on him later.

Cici is smelling like a bed of roses right about now and sleeping like a log ....ahhhh.

8 Comments from you:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

She is a cutie pie. Our pets do find a way into our hearts.

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh she is so cute!
Kris

Carrie P. said...

Cici looks like she is smiling in the second picture. She looks like she is happy to get a bath. She is s cutie. I know she loves you all for rescuing her.

GranthamLynn said...

Oh she is so sweet. I found you via a list of quilt blogs and I am glad I did because I love aninals too! She has such a sweet story. And she is adorable and much loved now. And btw I get the whole yes you can have a pet thing and then looking at the price tag. Reminds me of a similar story I'll post Sat. on my dogs blog day.
Now I am off to check out your quilts! Nice to meet you.
Sherry

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute doggy!!! I love the photo with the towel on the head. LOLOL

Sara said...

Oh, Cici, you look lovely!
How cool is it that you can bath her in the sink. We have to heft ours in to bathtub, take him to a lake/river or to the groomer (which he is vehemently opposed to).

Mary Johnson said...

She looks SO cute! We bathe Chesty but I can't do the trim or the nails! He goes about once a month or so for the *works*.

We inherited Chesty at a year old from Keith's parents. His mom had him about 6 months and decided she didn't want to be bothered anymore. Of course, everyone in the family was in love with him by then so I took him. They are very high maintenance but SO loving. I don't regret taking him but it's like having another kid! Bichon's have a lot of personality.

Carla said...

What a cutie! Maintance and all.

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.