Birthday Celebrations at Mom's Place

on Thursday, February 26, 2009


Yep, today is my 45th birthday. Feels pretty good actually, couldn't be happier. It's my first birthday since my mother passed away in May of last year. She lived with us for the last year and a half of her life and I loved having her here. Not always easy but a blessing none the less.

These are a few photos of her entry way/breakfast area on our "terrace level" (better known as the basement)where she lived. My Hero built a beautiful apartment there that's nicer than the rest of my house! This is a beautiful antique quilt in a log cabin variation...I believe it's called Courthouse Steps but I'm not sure...please correct me.



I brightened up the colors on this one and it's too strong but I wanted to show you the wide antique lace she attached to the bottom....just stuck on with pins....I'd never even seen them before.

She always had a knack for making something out of nothing and it always turned out beautiful....where did she do her shopping? ....antique shops, auctions and....the dollar store.


Here's the birthday girl, ....one that wishes it were her birthday ....and one....in the bed, sick. That yuk has gone through everyone in our family for the last 2 months. Nutcracker is the last one to get it.

And now...on my birthday...I'm going to do something I love to do....quilt....I'm working on my calendar challenge today and I'll post tomorrow my great success!
Enjoy your day like it was your last....
Love to you all!

6 Comments from you:

QuiltedSimple said...

Happy Birthday! HOpe your little one feels better soon!
Kris

Yvette said...

What a great quilt to be welcomed by!

Again, Happy Birthday! Have fun playing with fabric. I can't think of a better way to spend a day.

Purple and Paisley said...

Happy, happy birthday! now we're the same age! ☺

Della said...

Happy Birthday. Today is also my son's birthday, his 29th.

Robin said...

Happy birthday, Lindsey! May your next year be filled with joy and many blessings. :) (And that antique quilt is just lovely... thanks for sharing it!)

Carrie P. said...

Oh Lindsey, I missed your birthday. I am so sorry. I was at my applique bee all day and did not get to see any blogs. I hope you had a very nice birthday even though you have sickness in the house.

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.