A Bright Spot

on Sunday, February 8, 2009


I love this quick and easy quilt (scraps from the Rainbow Jane)...I'm using it for my improv...hope it meets the requirements! Anything where I don't have to use my "puzzler" too much is a good thing at this stage in life...

I call it "A Bright Spot". It's inspired by the events of this week when my son's friend got a pencil in the eye....had surgery and will likely need 2 more, including transplants. It will be a year before it's all over and done.

You say...where it the bright spot in all of this...well...it's his outlook (no pun intended...well maybe...ha ha) on the whole thing...and his mother's as well. She's a dear dear friend to me and has the best attitude about this whole thing...lots of eye jokes at their house right now! It's amazing....My Hero is thinking up a Halloween costume involving a pencil in the eye.



Most kids would be looking for a "hall pass" out of life, school work, ...looking for the sympathy vote, but not this fellow...with permission from the doctor, he performed in the high school play last night. Wow. Mind you, he is still in pain and on prescriptions for that. He decided he'd rather have the pain than forget his lines (those meds make you loopy) so he went on with 2 Tylenol.

So you see why this is quilt was born....there's always a bright spot in the darkest of circumstances. It's all seeing life through the eyes of the heart!


5 Comments from you:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OMG how awful!!! I hope he is ok. That just sounds terrible. I do love the quilt though.

Robin said...

Wow! You have been productive! It is going to be a gorgeous quilt. And what a guy your son's friend must be! Performing in the school play? Wow. That is positively inspiring.

Carrie P. said...

Thank God for bright spots. Real courage.

Bonnie said...

What a remarkable young man. He should go far in life.

Love the quilt!

QuiltedSimple said...

What a great outlook he has. And that quilt is going to be so striking when it's finished. I cannot wait to see it
Kris

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.