Toy Knits

on Monday, September 28, 2009


Meet Clarisse.
This is my first attempt at knitted toys. This one is from an egg cosy pattern at the link below. I just added some legs. She's very small, just as tall as a small pepper mill but adorable and floppy. I'm hooked.
Here's my inspiration:
Little Cotton Rabbits
I'm working on my technique but Clarisse is such a favorite at my house and at ballet.
I like the process a lot and I seem to be leaning more to that hobby as it is so easy to transport. I'm still working on my Baby Jane but she's taking a back seat right now as I'm thinking about Christmas gifts! Hope you like her!

I'm working on a post from the Atlanta Quilt show. Stay tuned!
Stay well,
Lindsey

12 Comments from you:

Messy Karen said...

Clarisse is super cute! it is hard to follow knitting directions. so well done.

Carrie P. said...

Wow, I am impressed. Great job. I wish I could do that. My mind just won't grasp the instructions.

Cathie said...

Oh my my my - how sweet is this! Your talent knows no end.

Anonymous said...

very cute. love the ears, love the dress, love the face, love it all.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Clarisse is adorable! Good job on your first try!
Sorry to hear about the flu going round your house. Hope everybody is recovered real soon :^)

Robin said...

Too cute! You did an amazing job on her. Sigh... I so need to learn how to knit!

Jocelyn said...

Been missing you girl. Hope all is well :-)

Unknown said...

Gee these are cute! You are becoming addicted! Watch out...it happens. I am going to knit this winter too...socks for keeping my feet warm in bed.

Jocelyn said...

Second message going out to Lindsey. Everything okay??

Carrie P. said...

Hey Lindsey,
Been missing you. Hope you and your family are alright.

Robin said...

Hi Lindsey! It's been a little while since you've posted, so I just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts. I hope all is well with you. :)

Unknown said...

Lindsey, I am missing you! I know that you all had the flu, so I do hope that all is well with you. We are missing you. I look each day to see if you are back in the blog world.
Let us know how you are....

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.