When was the last time...?

on Saturday, July 25, 2009

.... you went to a barn dance?



And really kicked up your heels and said, "YEE HAW"


Or actually went square dancing and heard the caller say, "Now dig for the clam", and "Take a little peak" and "Tallest buzzard in the middle", "Bow to your partner, bow to your corner" or my favorite, "Now, Promenade"


There's nothing like a good old fashioned square dance. It happens every Friday night in the barn...young and old, rich and poor, dancing knows no boundaries. Last year, I sat on the side lines and hoped to muster up the strength to do just one of the novelty dances but it was not happening....I was getting better and better by the day but dancing was not on the doctor's orders. (see sidebar for Life Flight story)



What do you do if you're not invited to the square dance? ...you find a semi-packed suitcase with a nice mixture of clean/dirty/wet clothes (perfect dog spot) and sulk.



Funny thing happened while we were in Black Mountain yesterday...I saw 2 lab puppies in training with Southeastern Guide Dogs, which is where Noel (pronounced Nole) was born and worked for the first 2 years of his life. Of course, we had a long discussion about him. She asked me if he had a tattoo on the inside of his ear. Sure enough, he does....it is some sort of code for his birth year and litter. He's in retirement to say the least. Noel is loving Montreat with all of it's new bear, raccoon, and who knows what else smells. It is soooo nice and cool up here that we have on fleece every morning during his walks.

Other Montreat happenings...last week my roommate from Salem College (established in 1772, 13th oldest college or university in the U.S.) came to visit with her son. Super fun...we went to the pottery class where I made the world's ugliest man known. He's suppose to go in the garden but the only place I want to put him is under the garden! Photos to follow...maybe.

My favorite class thus far...the pastry class....big surprise, right? I have perfected a pie crust and make a mean apple crisp, not to mention this kind of pocket book looking thing that is too hard to explain but will try at a later date.

Classes for next week: more pottery - I'm making mugs and bowls on the potters wheel, bread making, silk fabric painting and book making classes. Won't that be a fun posting!

Enjoy and don't forget to kick up you heels today and ....dig for the clam!


7 Comments from you:

Carrie P. said...

I have not square danced since I was a little girl and we did that in PE classes. Sounds like you are having the best time.

Cathie said...

Swing your partner round and round, corner to corner and dosie doe! Hey - square dancing was a mandatory semester in gym class for us Ohio girls (and boys) in elementary and middle school. Oh the fun we had! A Barn Dance - sounds like a whole lotta fun to me.

And, I DEMAND to see pictures of TWUM. Yes, I shall call him Twum. (The World's Uglies Man.)
Hope you are enjoying this absolutely amazing weekend. As usual, your blog made me smile (as did the pup sitting amongst the wet, dirty and clean clothes in your suitcase!

rastreator said...

Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.

ABC Mobile Institute of Technology said...

we are the top repairing institute in Laxmi Nagar. we provide you with the best teaching experience.

LED LCD Repairing institute
led lcd tv repairing institute in delhi
LED LCD Repairing Course
Laptop on rent in noida

anki said...

looks like a great blog love this type of blogs.


Laptop on rent in noida
lcd led repairing institute in laxmi nagar

Weaveron Textile said...

Awesome creativity.. I like your post.
click here: https://www.weaveron.com

Computer on Hire said...

Looks like a great blog love this type of blogs.

Laptop on rent in delhi

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.