Applique ER

on Saturday, May 2, 2009


Is there such a thing as the Applique Emergency Room? My poor Jane will have to suffer through my learning how to applique properly....I don't quite have the stitching down just right.
Any tips?

6 Comments from you:

Yvette said...

You are so cute!

The DVD is in the mail first thing Monday morning.

Yours is 2000% better than my first try. LOL!

Bethany said...

You did great for a first time! It's a mixture of fine hand coordination while blindly folding over fabric, and then trying not to stab yourself with your needle all at the same time.

Carrie P. said...

Good job! Try to take smaller stitches next block. Very nice.

jude said...

relax and don't let it bother you. looks great just like that.

Joanna said...

It's looking good - not too shabby! I do have a good idea to use, since I am an applique 'expert' and all (cough cought lol)...use the same color thread as whatever is on top. See where the white is on top? You used white thread, which is good, and you don't see the stitches...then on the outside circle where you are doing reverse applique, the fabric on top is red and I think you stuck with the white thread, so no matter how good you can applique, the stitches will still peek out at you! If you were to use red, you would barely see it! Yes I know, very deep ;) Hope it helps!

Robin said...

For your first attempts, I think it turned out really well! This is not an easy block, either! My only suggestion would be to try and take smaller stitches and (like Joanna mentions above) match the thread to whatever fabric you are appliqueing. I've found that applique is one of those things where the more you do it, the better it gets. Practice makes perfect and all that. :)

You're doing awesome!

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.