Niagra Falls - Study

on Tuesday, April 7, 2009

#1
My husband works for the largest carpet manufacturer in the world and it's owned by one of the richest men in the world...Warren Buffet. Ever heard of him? I admire him on several levels.

This man could live any way he chooses but actually lives very frugally. When he bought the company, the secretary made BLT sandwiches...at her desk. The ingredients were all in a small fridge under her desk.

I've heard him once say..."the only difference between me and you is, I travel a little better and wear nicer clothes"...(something to that effect).

He still lives in his starter house....no joke. My guess...it's paid for. Drives a Buick.

#2
Now, having said all of that...My Hero travels a lot with his job...Yesterday....it was Niagra Falls...No he's not trying to carpet Niagra Falls, they were just passing through to Canada.



#3
He took this photo with his cell phone...Not bad. It's probably hard to take a bad photo of Niagra Falls no matter what you're using.




#4
I've doctored it up several ways.


#5
Which do you like the best? #1 is straight out of the camera....I think I like #2 the best.

One more question...does anyone live in the first house they bought when they got married?

Confession:
I love my Gingher scissors...they've been missing in action for the last week....I can't make myself sit down and muster through a project with a different pair of scissors. I'm not that mature yet!
Today is the day...I feeeeeel it, I'll find them today. Organization...probably not my strong suit!

Live it like it's your last!

9 Comments from you:

Jocelyn said...

Lindsey, we live in the first and only house we bought when we got married. 35 years ago!!! That was not the plan, but it is where we have been. We have property 15 miles north of us on a lake, and maybe one day..............

Jocelyn

Yvette said...

I have a pair of black Gingher's that I absolutely adore. I would be lost without them.

I never married (my choice) but I live in the first house I ever purchased. I bought it when I was 24 and I am now 46. I should have her paid off by the end of the year and there is no way I plan on leaving. Luckily it is in a great area and suits my needs. I can't imagine starting all over again.

Yvette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Purple and Paisley said...

can you believe that warren buffett hails from where i'm at...decatur, il...and i believe he still has relatives here...maybe a son? the pic of the falls is beautiful...

Unknown said...

I just learned something about N>Falls that it recedes one foot a year. I went there for my grade 8 graduation and saw Marilyn making the movie...it's not a bad movie and I had my photo taken with her husband in the movie Casey Adams I think his name was. Don't know why I was picked, but I was. I like #5

Yvette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie P. said...

I think I like number 5 the best. No I do not live in our first house and boy if we did it would be like a can of sardines, that's how little our 1st house was. Check out my blog when you have time.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Sounds like you need a second pair of ghingers...for the elusive moments.

My parents still live in the first house they ever bought. My husband had a house when we got married. We moved a lot. So we're now in our 3rd house we've purchased together. One more move after he retires and I'm done moving. :o)

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Thanks for the comment.